I am Profesor Titular "B" (~ associate professor) in the Departamento de Física, part of the Facultad de Ciencias of the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM, the National University of Mexico), located in Ciudad Universitaria in Mexico City.
Research interests: Computational statistical physics and nonlinear dynamics
- Set-valued numerical methods, including interval arithmetic and constraint propagation
- Chaotic and transport properties in dynamical systems, especially billiard models
- First-passage and encounter properties of random walks
- Dynamics in random environments
- Markov chain Monte Carlo simulation methods
Research group and current collaborators.
If you are interested in the possibility of a postdoctoral position, PhD, master's or undergraduate thesis, or social service opportunity in our group in one of these research areas, then please contact me.
- Ergodicity of one-dimensional systems coupled to the logistic thermostat : submitted
- Geometric integrator for simulations in the canonical ensemble : published in Journal of Chemical Physics
- Efficient algorithms for the periodic Lorentz gas in two and three dimensions : published in Journal of Physics A
SoftwareSoftware packages and teaching materials may be found on my GitHub page. In particular, you may be looking for the ValidatedNumerics.jl or IntervalConstraintProgramming.jl packages for Julia.
TeachingLinks to my teaching resources may be found here.
From 1995 to 1998, I was an undergraduate in pure and applied mathematics at Trinity College, University of Cambridge, which I followed with Part III Mathematics (the 'Certificate of Advanced Study in Mathematics'). I spent the year 1999–2000 at the Université Libre de Bruxelles in Brussels, Belgium, doing a DEA in theoretical physics.
I moved to the Departamento de Física in February 2008.
I play the violin and viola, and especially enjoy playing chamber music.
I can be contacted via this email address.
Location:During my sabbatical, I can be found in room 32-206 in the Stata Center at MIT.
Address:Departamento de Física, Facultad de Ciencias
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México
Circuito Exterior, Ciudad Universitaria
México D.F. 04510
Phone:Office: (+52 55) 5622-4965
UNAM extension: 24965
David P. Sanders Last modified: 12 December 2016